Friday 2 August 2019

More Tales From The Note Book

All is well at the Joneses' residence. We're still really busy but the good news is that Harry is cutting out a major part of our business at Christmas, so next year won't be so hectic.

It hasn't been all work and no play here. We enjoyed our European road trip and the concerts were wonderful. My mum celebrated her 92nd birthday a couple of weeks ago. She's doing pretty well, though I'm not sure how much longer she'll be able to carry on living alone. Our younger daughter bowled in for her annual visit last week. She's on a trip with a friend right now, coming back to us for a few days next week. And I can't count my blessings without mentioning a day out in London with Jan, Ronnie, Ami and Minelle, not to mention John, Dan and Minelle's Scotsman. Harry and P were unable to complete the lineup owing to prior commitments.

I'm scheduled for a 'reconnection' this evening. Other than that I've nothing to tell so, without  further ado, it's on with some more snippets from Rosie's notebook.





🌟I was a little unruly in the kitchen, prompting Harry to bend me over the table. He started spanking with his hand but soon felt in need of an implement. The utensil jar was out of reach so I wasn't expecting the feel of wood on my posterior...

R: Did you just smack me with the cheeseboard??
H: Yes (shows offending object) and I'm going to do it again!
R: But it's a real cheeseboard for displaying cheese, not for spanking!
H: I think you'll find you're wrong there...
R: Oww! Oww!

It hasn't been seen since - I think it may have fallen into the rubbish bin... 

🌟There was bizarre conversation when we were washing the dishes one evening:
H: I'm going to ask you a question and I want you to answer yes or no.
R: Okaay...
H: Nothing else, yes or no.
R: What's the question?
H: Did you use the good brandy in the Christmas puddings?
R: No.

You may be surprised to learn that that was the wrong answer. Christmas pudding is Harry's favourite and I make individual portions in batches of six, all year round. He's pretty serious about his puddings!

🌟An unexpected morning off:
H: So what are we doing?
R: I'm standing at the worktop watching you make breakfast and, well, you're...
H: Very funny - get over that table.

🌟Harry cooking dinner:
H: (Exasperated) How did I manage to splash the sauce on the tiles?
R: (To herself) It's a mystery.
H: I heard that - and I don't mean the words!

🌟Another dish washing episode:
We were going on holiday across the Channel and I wasn't convinced Harry had grasped some of the finer points of the preparations. He was patient up to a point but, after one "But what if..." too many, he put a finger to my lips and told me he had everything under control and I was to stop fretting. He replaced his finger with a kiss and sent me out of the kitchen with a couple of well placed swats.

Let's get away from that kitchen, it's a danger zone for me!

🌟A matter of perspective:
R: Harry's broken his right index finger.
R's sister: Oh, poor chap, it's so awkward when you can't use that finger.

R: Harry's broken his right index finger.
Blogging friend: Yikes! That means straight to a paddle.
She was right.

🌟Cuddling in bed before the alarm announced the start of the day:
H: What time is the table booked for this evening?
R: 7pm.
H: Don't put your makeup on before I get home...

🌟Over his lap - just for fun:
H: Your bottom is really smooth - do you think that spanking has banished the cellulite?
R: Sounds feasible.
H: Should I spank your thighs then?
R: No!
H: Just trying to be helpful...

🌟I got into BIG trouble for this one:
H: I see you brought the recycling bin in. Was that wise given your back problem?
R: The bin men came early and I didn't want it being blown into the road. It seemed a good idea at the time.
H: (Points upstairs).

🌟Sometimes you just can't win:
H: (Frowns and wags finger).
R: What? I thought I put my case diplomatically.
H: It's the smirk that will get you in trouble.  

I made a new batch of Christmas puddings today. No connection at all with the reconnection  at bed time...


Rosie





19 comments:

  1. Rosie, Rosie, Rosie,

    I adore this notebook keeping of yours. I loved all your little snippets. Writing things down would work if I just used my notebook. My snippets would fill a blog post. You have done awonderful job here. Harry's simple pointing up the stairs and his comment about not the words, but the smirk qre so typical of a man doing his job. Love it! And you too!
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked reading the snippets, Mere. Harry's pretty easy going but he's very hot on matters health and safety - and my bottom is hot after he's shown me the error of my ways!
      Rosie xx

      Delete
  2. This was very entertaining to read Rosie, I love your snippets! Good for you for keeping track of them. Sorry to read about Harry’s broken finger - yikes to that paddle for sure! May it mend quickly.
    It sounds like you’ve been busy in many good ways. Enjoy your family time and congratulations to your mother on her birthday, that’s quite a milestone.
    Thanks for sharing Rosie, I always love to read here. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you found the post entertaining, Laurel. Harry's broken finger happened a while ago and, though not quite as straight as it was, has mended well, thank goodness!
      Mum is amazing for her age. She has poor mobility but that doesn't stop her from attending clubs and events for elderly people. She has a better social life than I do!
      Rosie xx

      Delete
  3. Hi Rosie, I just love your notebook snippets lol, fun times :) I really enjoyed reading this.

    So glad you had a wonderful trip and enjoyed the concerts. Congratulations to your Mum on her birthday and yay to time with your daughter :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Roz, Harry's quirky sense of humour prompts quite a few of the snippets. They make me laugh at the time - except when I'm in trouble! My Mum is the eldest of five siblings, of whom two have predeceased her and the other two are in poor health. We're so lucky to have her.
      Rosie xx

      Delete
  4. Rosie,

    I was smiling all through this. I love your snippets.

    Happy belated birthday to your other, 92, wonderful. It was so lovely to meet up with you again. Looking forward to another one.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked the snippets, Ronnie; Harry has a wry sense of humour! I enjoyed our get-together last week too. Hopefully, we'll get an over-nighter before Christmas.
      Rosie xx

      Delete
  5. Glad you had a great luncheon with friends. Loved reading the snippets from your journal. You two have way too much fun for an old married couple (Laughing).
    Loved your response, thank you and I will get to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a good get-together, though time was too short, especially when one friend has crossed the ocean and we know it will be a long time before we'll see her again.
      Harry and I have been together for fifty years and have just about ironed out the wrinkles now!
      Rosie xx

      Delete
  6. Oh Rosie! ... lol! ... lots of fun little bits here ... and yes, I've wondered about the cellulite myself, however, am I not willing to experiment further than my bum either ;) Happy to hear you had a great visit with friends, including Minelle and her man ... hugs! ... nj

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed the funnies, NJ. My thighs resemble corned beef but I'm not willing to try Harry's suggestion - which was only made in jest!
      It was good to get together with friends again, though time was all too short.
      Rosie xx

      Delete
  7. This was just a precious post, Rosie. Sort of like a peek at Rosie's Diary. I am not allowed to lift anything either or we take a walk down the hallway to the bedroom. Luckily our bins have rollers on the bottom.

    What a great lunch! Hope someone took a few pictures. I heard that Ami picked a great pub. Maybe next year for me.

    Hugs Across the Pond,
    Ella

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you enjoyed a little peek in the diary, Ella. Our guys all seem to be hot on health and safety issues!

    We had a great get-together but I think we were so busy chatting that we forgot to take any photos. I hope you make it across the pond next year; you know we’d love to see you.

    Rosie xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really do enjoy these notebook snippets!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can usually see the funny side too - afterwards!
      Rosie xx

      Delete
  10. I'm way behind in my reading, but I wanted you to know how much I love this post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for popping in, PK, I know you've been busy with family. Glad you liked the snippets.
      Rosie xx

      Delete
  11. loved reading the clips from your notebook :-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete