Friday 21 December 2018

Bah! Humbug!

Well, here we are, just four days away from Christmas. I'd like to be able to say I'm all ready for the big day but, as usual, the festivities have rushed up to bite me on the bum. It's not as if we have a horde descending on us; there will just be Harry, me and my mum at Christmas dinner. The turkey and mince pies are in the freezer and the puddings have been maturing in the larder for weeks. All I need to make now is the brandy butter and cranberry sauce. I've cooked Christmas dinner in thirty-eight of the last forty years, so I have no worries about the meal itself.

The thing that gets me stressed is buying the presents. Give or take a few new friends and family members, we've being buying for the same group of people for many years and I am right out of ideas. What once was a pleasure has become a burdensome chore. Some of our family and friends feel the same way and have agreed only to send cards. Those who are aghast at that idea are, coincidentally, the hardest to buy for! I still have a couple of gifts to buy. I've left them to last, hoping inspiration will strike but, if not, one friend will get yet another fancy candle and the other a bottle of his favourite tipple.

I've had two "settle down" spankings this week but by tomorrow I hope to have done everything I need to do, except put up the decorations and dress the tree Harry bought earlier in the week. We'll do that together tomorrow evening and, hopefully, by then I'll be as serene as the glass angels that adorn the mantelpiece.

Despite our best intentions though, things can get fraught at this time of year, so here's a throwback from Christmas 2016 as a reminder to keep calm:


Even the most angelic among us can fall from grace when pressure mounts up...





When your HoH looks like this...





Take a deep breath...





Picture some fluffy kittens...






or pour yourself a glass of wine. Well, it is Christmas after all...





Make sure the only goose that gets cooked is the one in the oven...






                   
    then all your spankings
     will be Good Girls

      (or Boys).







Merry Christmas to you all from Rosie and Harry


21 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas Ms. Rosie and Harry!

    I wish you luck with the final presents!

    Boo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas to you Boo! I didn't get any inspiration but it is a very beautiful candle and a special blend of rum!
      Rosie xx

      Delete
  2. Rosie,
    I am using your post as a reminder that things will calm down and it will be a wonderful day. Our grands are not here this year, but we miss them terribly. We will Facetime with them opening presents together and when things get wild and crazy, we simply say we have to go. LOL I would love to have a Christmas dinner with you as I want to taste that brandy butter. Tell Harry that I did purcase a bottle of a certain French champagne to enjoy with our gifts and we will toast the two of you from afar.
    Merry Christmas, Harry and Rosie.
    Love,
    Meredith and Jack

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meredith, Harry has purchased a magnum of that very same Champagne to celebrate his birthday on Friday, when we shall have our elder daughter and her partner with us. Christmas Day Champagne is always pink! We'll toast you and Jack too.
      Merry Christmas to you both.
      Rosie xx

      Delete
  3. Rosie, you make me laugh! I need a dictionary for about five words such as tipple! Okay, I had a minor preemptive spanking for the first time the other day because as I have begun to plan, I have begun to get upset. Well, that didn't last very long. Will see if there is time for another before all the company arrives or not! Merry Christmas to you! Hugs! Windy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laughter is good medicine, Windy, so I'm glad I made you smile. I was sceptical about stress relief spankings at first but they certainly do the trick and I have been known to ask for one. Let's hope we're all calm and bright on the big day.
      Merry Christmas to you and your family.
      Rosie xx

      Delete
  4. Happy Christmas to you and Harry. I have no doubt all wrinkles will be ironed out by Christmas Day. Enjoy the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Christmas to you and Ray, Leigh. All is calm here at the moment.
      Rosie xx

      Delete
  5. Hi Rosie,

    I definitely hear you on the gift buying. Wishing you, Harry and family a very Merry Christmas.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Christmas to you and Rick, Roz.
      Rosie xx

      Delete
  6. Yah! ... so happy to see a post from you Rosie ... yup ... I get the last minute bum biting and now this year ... the corrective bum spanking ... haha!
    Love your graphic little reminders!
    You and Harry have yourselves a lovely little Christmas with Mum!
    Merry Christmas and all the best of the New Year to you both!
    Hugs!
    nj (& Frank)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your good wishes, nj. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and Frank, too.
      I have some catching up to do; I'll pop over to your place later.
      Rosie xx

      Delete
  7. I haven't had any need for a "stress" spanking, but i think mostly it's cos the rest of my year/ life has been equally stressful that Christmas this year feels almost LESS problematic than real life.

    Still, I hope your gift buying is all done by now, and you all have a very calm Christmas season from here on.

    Happy Christmas to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've certainly had a lot to cope with this year, Fondles. I hope next year will be better for you.
      Happy Christmas to you and BIKKS.
      Rosie xx

      Delete
  8. good reminders to keep calm during a stressful time of year. hope you got some inspiration and have found your Christmas spirit. :-) Big hugs to you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The tree and decorations are up, so it's looking like Christmas here!
      Have a lovely Christmas with your family, Terps.
      Rosie xx

      Delete
  9. I hope by now you’ve taken care of those worrisome gifts and all is sweet and serene.
    Enjoy your time with Harry and your mum, and enjoy the lovely dinner you’re planning.
    Merry Christmas to you and many good wishes for the new year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All shopping done now, the decorating is done and the angels are on the mantelpiece to remind me to be good!
      Merry Christmas to you and your family, Laurel.
      Rosie xx

      Delete
  10. Well, I have been away from blogland for most of December, so it will take me awhile to catch up. We had lots of unexpected things fall into our laps along with the normal Christmas stress and there were 2 distinct spankings that were not Good Girl. More like Stressed Girl!

    Hope you and Harry had wonderful holidays and lots of good champagne!

    Sending Hugs Across the Pond,
    Ella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ella, great to see you back. Stressed Girl spankings seem almost a given around Christmas time, I know a few of us who received them!
      Lots of champagne was consumed on our drawbridge day...
      Rosie xx

      Delete
  11. Hi Rosie! :) Happy New Year to you and Harry! Glad to hear that everything settled down for you, in time for a nice celebration! A little... okay maybe more than a little... bubbly is a great thing at times like those. Who needs a spanking anyway? Oh that's right. We do! HAHA! It works like a charm when things get stressed, doesn't it? I can relate.🔥

    Glad to hear that you and Harry had a nice drawbridge day! Such a cool idea! Good for the champagne market too. Rob surprised me with a bottle wrapped under the tree. Our son's girlfriend's parents generously gifted us with a bottle of the same! We popped one at midnight on New Year's Eve. You were in our thoughts! The other is chilling, for whatever moment moves us. Note that we did not share with the kids. Greedy parents, I know! LOL! Prosecco flowed with them. HAHA!🍾

    Wishing you both a year filled with much happiness, and all good things! Many hugs and love,

    ❤️Katie xoxo

    ReplyDelete