Thursday 2 February 2017

Stop the Clock!


Here we are in February already. Where did January go? I feel as though I blinked and missed it somehow. It's several weeks since I last posted and I must apologise for not answering comments on my last post.

I didn't mean to be away so long. My absence was precipitated by a ridiculous thing that happened to me in the checkout queue in Sainsbury's on the morning of Christmas Eve. I was standing patiently behind Harry as he loaded our goods onto the belt - he has his own method, I don't mess with it - when I was overcome with a violent coughing fit and WHAM! Pain ripped across my lower back and I couldn't move. I thought it was just a bad flare but after a  couple of days I realised it was a fresh injury. I'm not going to bang on about it, once the damage is done it's all about pain management through exercise, medication and rest. It didn't ruin the Christmas and New Year holidays, the break just didn't go as planned. There wasn't much we couldn't work around, though I had to forego the traditional pink Champagne on Christmas morning so that I could get drugged up to cook dinner and I also missed being spanked to the chimes of Big Ben on New Year's Eve. 

Spanking may have been off the agenda but ttwd was firmly in place. Harry was extra attentive, making sure there was no slacking with the exercises and reminding me to rest. On the third day, Boxing Day, I levered myself up from the floor after exercising and managed to twist my left wrist in the process. I am right-handed but my left hand is the one that holds my iPad - disaster! Harry thought it would be a good thing to be parted from it for a while. I managed to dabble a bit in social media on my phone but it's too small for reading the newspaper or blogs.

It was frustrating not to be able to shower or dress by myself for several days. At times, before ttwd, I have chafed at being so dependent on Harry, pushing back against being mollycoddled, but this time it was curiously freeing to let go and lean in to him. He took over completely, doing most of the cooking and other chores as well as looking after me. Our elder daughter and her partner came to stay for a few days to celebrate Harry's birthday and make a shopping trip to London. Harry insisted on cooking his own birthday meal, firmly shooing everyone out of the kitchen. I did manage to make his birthday cake the day before, though.

By the end of the holidays I was starting to mend and Harry went back to work. A couple of days later, I felt confident enough to make the short drive to the salon for a haircut. Harry noticed the hairdo when he came home and asked how my back was. I said it had felt a lot better that day and he said "Oh, good," with a glint in his eye. I hastily said, "Not that good!" He just gave me an enigmatic smile and a pat on the bottom. 

After dinner we were watching a re-run of The Big Bang Theory when he suddenly turned off the TV, held out his hand to me and led me to our bedroom. To my surprise, instead of sitting on the side of the bed he carried on round to the end. He hardly ever spanks there because the foot board is shaped, needing a lot of faffing about with a throw and pillows to make it comfortable. He did the faffing bit, then tugged at the belt on my jeans and told me to take them and my knickers off, whilst he selected his implements. He was most solicitous, bending me carefully over the bed, making sure my back was fully supported and in no danger of being jarred by his 'attention'. He remarked how taut my bottom was in that position and I reminded him that would make it hurt more. I suggested he should start with feathers, as it was a while since there had been any hand to bottom contact, and recited Cat's wise words: "Wood is no good, leather is better, feathers are best." That was to no avail and I soon had a hot bottom. It was a much-needed reconnection for both of us, with a lot of laughter in between the ouches.

I've had no twinges in my back the last couple of days and am cautiously optimistic that it has healed. I'd like to say life in the Jones household has now returned to normal but we have both caught the dreaded lurgy (upper respiratory tract infection, according to a doctor friend) that is doing the rounds in our part of the world. It's been over a week since it started and we are  fed up with it now and getting a bit tetchy. That may or may not be the reason I have an 'appointment' at 5 o'clock this evening...

Hoping to be back soon,

Rosie


29 comments:

  1. Sorry you've been in the wars. Hope you get well soon.
    Cat's words are wise.
    hugs
    Del

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the hugs, Del. I'm still feeling a bit sorry for myself, wishing the lurgy was over and done.
      Rosie xx

      Delete
  2. So sorry about your back - what a major annoyance! So glad you are getting back on your feet and Harry is getting back on your bottom! Truly, both are blessings. Now just get over the crud and it back to easy living.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to get back to easy living, PK, but I still have many things to be thankful for and the greatest of those is Harry's loving care.
      Rosie xx

      Delete
  3. So sorry about your back but glad that the holidays weren't a total bust for you. Love how Harry assessed the situation and corrected things and yet, an appointment for another corrective action. Such a lucky girl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a very lucky girl, Leigh. Some time last month was the fourth anniversary of the first time Harry took me across his knee. He's come a long way since that first, reluctant, smack!
      Rosie xx

      Delete
  4. Rosie,
    Glad you are on the mend and sweet Harry is right back at making you happy. Spanking should be a lot of ouch and a lot of giggles. These men love the results of ttwd and I have heard a good spanking helps in healing many an a illness. Let us know about your 5pm appointment.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A good spanking, coupled with pink champagne, has certainly raised my spirits in the past, much more fun than any analgesic. As for yesterday's appointment, let's just say it was a moderate disciplinary action!
      Rosie xx

      Delete
  5. Oh Rosie, so sorry you have been in the wars. And getting poorly on top, how annoying. I am writing this at 4.35, here's hoping the five o'clock is fun!
    love Jan, xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your last sentence reminds me of the time I asked you for some advice but you didn't get my email in time. I heard your frantically typed response ping through mid-spanking! The 5 o'clock wasn't fun but it wasn't horrible either. Harry never ceases to surprise me!
      Rosie xx

      Delete
  6. Oh dear, I do hope you will both over the dreaded lurgy soon. It is rife this year! I am taking high dosage vitamin C for all I'm worth!

    You seem to have come on leaps and bounds in your household. Lucky you! I remember the faffing around with pillows over the footboard of the bed very well! Only I have never yet managed not to kick like a mule in that position! LOL!

    I do also hope your back is feeling much better. Bad backs are a nightmare!

    Many hugs
    Ami

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The dreaded lurgy is everywhere this year; my younger daughter, who lives overseas has had it too. Hope you manage to ward it off!

      We've certainly come a long way from the original "this is only ever going to be for fun" point. I don't think Harry realises how far he has come from the spank-no he used to be or how much more assertive he is nowadays. You won't find me complaining on either front!

      Rosie xx

      Delete
  7. Rosie Girl,
    So happy to hear from you again. What rotten luck for you just in time for the holidays. Glad you are mending and that Harry is taking care of you in every way.

    That awful cold stayed with me for almost 3 weeks. So many people are down with it. Have lots of tea and honey and perhaps a lovely appointment with your Harry.

    Hugs Across the Pond,
    Ella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your advice, Ella. I don't really like the taste of honey but I have taken it to soothe a sore throat before and know it works. Worth adding to the shopping list, especially as I can't taste anything at the moment anyway!

      Yesterday's appointment wasn't lovely but tomorrow's will be!

      Rosie xx

      Delete
  8. UGh...I have been there with a bad back...no fun. It is wonderful that Harry took very good care of you...and knew just when to remind you that all will get back to 'normal'...lol.
    husg abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes, Harry's good at reminders! Can't wait for this infection to pass so we can really get back to normal - whatever that is!
      Rosie xx

      Delete
  9. Hi Rosie, I'm so sorry to hear about your back and now the dreaded lurgy. I hope you are both feeling much better soon. Glad the back problems didn't totally derail things over the holiday period and that Harry was there to help you and take on most of the major chores.

    Sounds like a wonderful reconnection, lots of laughter between the ouches, just as it should be :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Roz,

      My mother told me today there's an old saying that if you get a cold in the New year, it won't go until March. Great way to cheer me up! She and my late granny were full of old wives' tales.

      I think Harry needed the reconnection every bit as much as I did, which is something I never thought I'd say.

      Hope all is well with you and Rick in NZ.

      Rosie xx

      Delete
  10. Hi Rosie, :) Oh no! You have had more than your share of injuries and illness lately! So glad that you have your loving Harry there to help you through- in ALL kinds of mighty fine ways! Lol!

    I hope that you have a speedy recovery from the respiratory illness. Sounds like things are on the up and up. Good! Hope that your appointment was lots of fun! Many hugs,

    <3 Katie


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, Katie, Harry is helpful in so many ways! The URTI is horrible, so much coughing etc, but at least I have free movement now my back is better. The appointment was ouchy but I can't claim it was horrible, it did the job!

      Rosie xx

      Delete
  11. Awww Rosie...so sorry you were just getting over your injuries and contract the crud. I'm a big believer in Vitamin C and a good multivitamin. Sending lots of prayers and healing energy your way. Oh and BTW...my poem never worked for my bottom either. ;)

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cat,

      I didn't think the feathers suggestion would work but it was worth a try! I take vitamin C and cod liver oil all year round but this infection seems to be particularly virulent - as Ami says, it is rife this year.

      Thanks for the hugs and blessings, always appreciated.

      Rosie xx

      Delete
  12. It sounds like you've been very busy. Glad to hear things are settling down and getting back to normal. Take care of your back and let Harry do the same.
    Thank goodness for these sweet, caring men!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Harry has always been sweet and caring but ttwd adds a whole new dimension. He is so much more assertive and attentive nowadays and, in turn, I am softer and more amenable - most of the time anyway!
      Rosie xx

      Delete
  13. A lot of people have the lurgy, wishing you both a speedy recovery. Hope your 5.O'clock appointment was fun.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your good wishes, Ronnie, so many people have the lurgy! The appointment wasn't fun but not horrible either, a reminder that there is some discipline in our mix!
      Rosie xx

      Delete
  14. First off..... what is lurgy! I mean I can guess, just never heard that word!
    I'm so sorry about your back. I regularly suffer myself. Please continue getting better!
    Glad Harry healed with a spanking.... niiccceee!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Minelle,
    Lurgy (or dreaded lurgy) isn't a specific illness, it's a colloquial term for something highly infectious that is going around. At present its a horrible respiratory illness caused by all the damp, foggy, weather we've had here this winter.
    The spanking didn't heal my back but it made me feel a whole lot better!
    Rosie xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am so glad that you are feeling better and that your man supported you throughout. Many hugs

    ReplyDelete