Tuesday 14 August 2018

Rosie's Notebook





I have a notebook in which I write stories, outline my posts before drafting them online and jot down ideas for future posts. That last one is of little use because, by the time I get round to writing it, someone else has usually written on the same subject. Sometimes I write down those moments that make me think, "That's going in my blog!" The trouble with those is that they either don't fit any of the subject matter or the note is so cryptic that I can't remember what the heck it was about. 

The notebook is getting really tatty so I decided to have a cull of all the loose pages and notes that I'm never going to use. Some of the short notes made me smile and, whilst none of them would make a post of its own, they might make amusing reading.

So, for your entertainment, here are some snippets from Rosie's notebook:

๐ŸŒŸI was brought up not to use profane or vulgar language, a constraint of which Harry heartily approves. Sometimes, though, a vulgar expression slips out, such as the time when we were having lunch in the garden and our cat pawed at me to get some of my bacon. He took me by surprise, causing me to drop my fork and use a very rude, though not profane, word. Harry chided me for the slip and I asked how come he can say it and I can't. His response was, "Because I'm the one who wields the paddle." I was taken aback by that because, at that time, spanking was strictly for fun. I had no premonition of how that was to change.

๐ŸŒŸOn the same theme, Harry and I were sitting side by side on the sofa. I was reading and he was looking at funny cat videos on his phone. He showed me a picture of a very cross looking cat. This was recently, a couple of days after PK put up a TBT post on how she got her name and I told him a very short version of the story. I said she was pissed with her friend, who shot back a photo of a pissed looking kitty. Without looking away from his phone, he made a 'cut-off' gesture with his hand and said, "That's two, no more."

๐ŸŒŸStill with the bad language theme, there was a time when I borrowed Harry's car and took a corner too fast. I frightened myself silly and shouted out the F-word, one of only three times I've used it in my life. I was relieved that Harry had no occasion to review the dash-cam footage because it recorded sound as well as sight. Had he heard my language I wouldn't have sat for a week - and that would have been after the spanking for bad driving.

๐ŸŒŸI have no idea what this one was about! The note just said Harry held up a hand, making a spanking gesture, and said, "I'm the one with the slappy hand, I make the rules."

๐ŸŒŸAnother note read 'Annoying - hand - itch'. I remember this event but not what I did to annoy Harry. Whatever it was, I stopped when he held up his spanking hand and scratched the palm with the index finger of the other hand. 

๐ŸŒŸ"I didn't say be dull, I just said behave." I earned that reprimand when were in the kitchen doing the dishes and I had been teasing Harry, a bit too close to the line.

๐ŸŒŸThis is my favourite and I've saved it till last. Harry told me he had an event planned for the evening, called 'Red Globes At Sunset'. He then announced the warnings, as they do on television. "You are advised that there will be spanking and scenes of a sexual nature, but no bad language." It all came to pass exactly as planned.


Life may be stressful at times but it's rarely dull in Harry and Rosie land!


Rosie

26 comments:

  1. Hi Rosie, oh how sweet you are. What lovely notes you make
    love Jan, xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rosie,
    I LOVE this post! You are so clever and funny in your writing. Every single one of these would have made a great post, but I do like the way you combined them. Laughing that you got in trouble for PK's kitty. Even though I don't know your voice, I have an imagined one for you, and "hearing" the F-word come out of you really makes me laugh! I was brought up the same way as you, but now I do the opposite with the language. Storm doesn't seem to mind, but now that I think about it, I am afraid to ask!!

    More of the Harry and Rosie stories, please, when you come up for air from your busy life. Terrific post!! Hugs! Windy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Harry's really hot on the cursing thing, as you have gathered. He hates to hear our daughters swear but he doesn't have the same hold over them as he does with me!

      I'll keep on making the notes - I must make sure they're more detailed so I remember what they are about.
      Rosie xx

      Delete
  3. I am so glad you decided to share these with us, Rosie girl. It's always interesting to look back at just exactly where the spanking moved from only for fun to something more.

    Will confess to the same failing memory as you. I try to make notes in a folder of posts I want to write. Then, if too much time passes, I usually forget what happened and what was said.

    Hugs Across the Pond,
    Ella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never expected to move on to the 'something more' Ella! I'm glad we did though.
      Glad you liked the snippets.
      Rosie xx

      Delete
  4. Rosie,
    I love these little snippets. Now I have a snippet for you. When we all had dinner this summer and sweet Harry announced that the two of you seldom argue, I simply started chuckling because I know why it must seem that way to Harry. At that dinner, my Jack was right there agreeing that arguing was a thing of the past. Both men were nodding in agreement. Good grief! Do you remember that part of the dinner conversation as others were also present??
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was so funny, Mere. Harry wasn't even thinking about ttwd when he said that and Jack responded. I didn't dare look at you in case I got the giggles and attracted the attention of the others present.
      Rosie xx

      Delete
  5. Oh what great snippets. Altho thank goodness we dont have a ban on bad words here or else i’d be in trouble all day every day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked the snippets, Fondles.
      Rosie xx

      Delete
  6. Love these snippets Rosie, the last one made me giggle :)

    Hugs
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the last one, Harry can be very creative!
      Rosie xx

      Delete
  7. Your post made me smile. I loved reading these little snippets. I agree with Windy, more Rose and Harry tales please.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked the snippets, Ronnie. I'll have to remember to write sooner after the event, then I'll have a better chance of remembering what went on.
      Rosie xx

      Delete
  8. This little peek at your journal was fun, Rosie! ... I'm voting for more Rosie and Harry stories as well :) ... and thank goodness there is no swear jar with spanking fines in our household ... I'd be in trouble all the time :)) ... nj ... xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are no more funnies in the notebook now but I'll keep on writing them down as they happen. Harry has a quirky sense of humour!
      You're lucky you don't get into trouble for cursing in your house.
      Rosie xx

      Delete
  9. I love the notebook idea and I'm sorry/happy that quoting me caused you some possible problems. I do love notebooks, I love to write by hand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to write on paper too, PK, I think better that way. I didn't get into trouble with Harry over quoting you. He let me know he didn't like the unladylike language and that was that.
      Rosie xx

      Delete
  10. These are great, this was a fun read! Keep adding to that notebook, it’s a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure Harry will keep providing the funnies, Laurel. I'll have to make the notes less cryptic!
      Rosie xx

      Delete
  11. Your notebook is wonderful! It gives such a perfect image of you both! I’m smiling annnndddd picturing that car one perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that was one hairy moment in the car, Minelle! I was so lucky to be able to control it, my heart didn’t stop hammering until I was safely home.
      So glad to see you here, I hope things are looking up for you and your Scotsman.
      Rosie xx

      Delete
  12. what great notes :-) love the "red globes at sunset" I rarely if ever swear - but I do seem to say the "f" word particular moments - those moments are when large trucks try to run me and my family over when I am driving - fortunately does not happen often but has happened more often than I would like - and I think my reaction was valid. :-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the red globes at sunset, Terps, it was a fun evening! I agree your reaction is valid in those circumstances, I’d probably do the same had I not been conditioned otherwise.
      Rosie xx

      Delete
  13. Harry sounds like a real hoot and I love that you write down things is a note to remember. You can't decipher some, my chicken scratch is so bad I can't read most.
    Sorry to say, the "F" word slips out of me all too often. There just doesn't seem to be another word suits the occasions quite as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes, Harry has a quirky sense of humour, we have a lot of fun!
      I know what you mean about the f-word being the only one that works sometimes; it just has a certain inflection that conveys all manner of emotions. I’ve just been conditioned to refrain from ‘unladylike’ language.
      Rosie xx

      Delete