Friday 1 June 2018

Rambling Rosie

Thank you for the kind comments on my last post; sorry I took so long to respond.

We are still busy but it is manageable and we have been able to carve out some 'us' time. In theory, Harry works a four-day week but something usually comes up to put the mockers on that and Fridays become just another working day. Since the beginning of last month, though, he has been scrupulous in taking his day off and we have been enjoying lazy mornings, with no alarm going off at 5.45am. He has also reinstated 'Happy Weekend' meetings on Fridays. Those are mostly fun but a paddle usually makes an appearance at some point, for good measure.

At the beginning of May, we took my 90-year-old mother for a long weekend in the West Country, where we were joined by our elder daughter and her partner. We stayed in a swish hotel, perched above a beautiful beach that had been one of our favourites in the surfing years. Nowadays, it's our daughter and her partner who surf, whilst Harry looks on admiringly. The weather was glorious.





The week leading up to the break had been hectic and, as we had an early start to our getaway, Harry decided I needed a dose of his sleep-inducing medicine to ensure an uninterrupted slumber the night before. Yes, I slept like a baby. Having only been spanked a few hours ago, I was surprised to see him sitting on the side of the bed with a paddle beside him when I came out of the bathroom the next morning. Apparently, I needed a reminder to keep calm over the next few days. Despite that reminder, I somehow managed to annoy Harry with some sassy remarks on the second night of our stay. He didn't say anything, just clapped his hands. I was pretty slow realising he was conducting a noise test but he was really fast bending me over the end of the bed, delivering a hard and fast flurry of swats. He doesn't usually spank in hotels.

Since then, life has been uneventful and that's the way I like it. We took two weekend trips to our daughter's and her partner's cottage for more renovation work. It is nearly finished now and bears little resemblance to the near-wreck they took on. As usual, I accompanied our daughter on dog walking duties. The hedgerows and coastal areas are bursting with colour, as Mother Nature delivers her summer bounty. Not far from where this photo was taken is a small cove where seals come to bask on the rocks. We only saw one that morning, bobbing up and down in the shallows; the sun hadn't quite reached the rocks at that point.





Harry has to work a few hours today but I can't complain, after last week's five days off in a row. He'll be back late afternoon for the Happy Weekend meeting...


Rosie



27 comments:

  1. Rosie,
    For sure, these men mean business and in a hotel room at that. I bet you were good as gold. Thank you for the scenery of a certain part of the world that is enchanting.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meredith, I was so surprised to be spanked in the hotel; it hadn't worked on previous occasions because I was so worried about the noise. This came so hard and fast that it wasn't an issue!
      The West Country is so beautiful at the moment.
      Rosie xx

      Delete
  2. Good to hear from you, Rosie! ... the pictures show some pretty stunning views. Were you and Harry both surfers? That would be amazing ... not something I've ever had a chance to do even tho' we've always lived on a coastal part of the country. Sounds like you've had some spanky fun as well ...
    Happy Friday ... Hope you have a great meeting! ;)) ... nj ... xx
    Have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi NoraJean. Harry started surfing in the late 60s but I am so not a sporty person, as Ella once remarked. We had the requisite VW camper van and spent most spring and summer weekends chasing the waves. I hung out with the other surfer chicks or stayed in the camper reading. Eventually, more and more women took up surfing, though I wasn't one of them. Our elder daughter got the bug early on and moved to the West Country to live her dream.
      My weekend was pretty eventful, though it didn't quite go to plan!
      Rosie xx

      Delete
  3. Sounds like things are holding steady for you all which is mighty blissful. Glad you had the opportunity to be away for a bit and soak up the weather.
    --Baker

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Life gets in the way sometimes. I'm glad you're back on track now, too.
      Rosie xx

      Delete
  4. Rosie! The pictures are beautiful. I want to join you! Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy, we're back home now. Another time, perhaps?
      Rosie xx

      Delete
  5. I agree with everyone...those are amazing pictures, makes me want to pack a suitcase. Also happy to read calmness and peace have been restored...hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're fortunate that we get to spend so much time there, though it's usually to work on the renovations. Harry has just started another busy run of work but he's making sure I don't lack attention!
      Rosie xx

      Delete
  6. That sea! Gorgeous! (I'm not so much a flower gal.. but oceans... that I love!)

    You sound so contented it's awesome!

    And spanking in hotels is usually a no-go for BIKSS too, so um, I had to giggle at his "sound check" with the clapping. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love to watch the waves but am not keen on dipping a toe in. The hotel spanking was a big surprise. I hope it was a one-off!
      Rosie xx

      Delete
  7. Hi Rosie,

    Beautiful pictures. I love the ocean. Happy you had time away.

    Hope you had a lovely meeting:) Enjoy your weekend.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The meeting was delayed for a day but worth waiting for! Hope your weekend was a good one.
      Rosie xx

      Delete
  8. Great pix. So glad you had some time away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Leigh. It was good to have some family time.
      Rosie xx

      Delete
  9. It was the "sound check" that made me laugh, Rosie. Seems like there have been several posts about hotel rooms and spanking lately.

    Treasure those times with your mother, too. Not a day goes by that I do not think of my mom.

    Hugs Across the Pond,
    Ella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so lucky that I still have my mother around. She's quite convinced that she's not long for this world but she's in pretty good shape for her age. It was good to have three generations on a break together.
      I'm still quite shocked that the hotel spanking happened!
      Rosie xx

      Delete
  10. Looks and sounds lovely, Rosie! Love the clapping! LOL Hugs, Windy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Windy, I'm so happy to see you here. Thank you for the comments on a couple of my old posts too.
      Rosie xx

      Delete
  11. Hi Rosie,

    I enjoyed reading this update. Glad you and Harry are managing to carve out some time together and I love your happy weekend Friday!

    Your trip away sounds wonderful and the pics are gorgeous :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Roz. We both needed the time away to recover from the long run of work. It was good to be with family too.
      Rosie xx

      Delete
  12. Hi Rosie, :) Sounds like things are going along great for you and Harry! love Love LOVE Harry's idea of a sound check! LOL! So glad that you both had time to connect up, after all the busy days for you both.

    Gorgeous photos! There is nothing like the beauty of the ocean! Thank you for sharing! Many hugs,

    ❤️Katie xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Katie, the sound check has caused much merriment but it wasn't funny at the time!
      The scenery was stunning, more beautiful than I'd ever seen it. Maybe all the rain was worth it!
      Rosie xx

      Delete
  13. It's nice to hear that things are going well for you. Busy but good. Love that you two are getting the spankings in. The walks must be beautiful based on the pictures. I love the ocean. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It sounds like such a perfect time away! I love that he did a sound check but how did he know if it worked lol!
    My man spanks in hotels too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. glad you've had some us time :-) hugs

    ReplyDelete