Friday 16 February 2018

The Day That Rocked My World

I can't remember a time when I wasn't fascinated with spanking. I'm pretty sure I was wired that way from birth. In my early teens I made up a fantasy about a jeans-clad girl I called Jennie-Lee Sheridan. She got into heaps of trouble, for which she was spanked by her big brother, who looked a lot like Adam Cartwright in Bonanza.

When I started dating, in the early sixties, I was spanked playfully by a couple of boyfriends and liked how it made me feel. How ironic then, that the love of my life should turn out to be a dedicated spank-no. He was appalled when I asked him to spank me and, eventually, tired of my persistence, forbade me from raising the subject ever again. I understood his reluctance, it was against his nature and upbringing, but I wanted it so!

Over the years, I still made up fantasies, like mini-series in my head. They were mostly along the lines of loving husband spanking wayward wife. There were a couple of times when I toyed with the idea of telling Harry just how much I wanted to be spanked, despite his ban on the subject. I had some good material. A man wrote to an agony aunt in a Sunday supplement for advice, after his wife had asked him to spank her.  He was shocked and horrified that, in his words, she wanted to turn him into a wife beater. The agony aunt put him straight. There it was, a positive slant on spanking in a mainstream publication! I didn't show it to Harry though, I still remembered the revulsion in his face that first time I asked him to take me over his knee.

Another time, I was leafing through a lads' mag whilst waiting in the barber shop for Harry. There was an article in which a man told how much he loved spanking his wife and, in turn, the wife told how much she enjoyed a spanking, applied by the firm hand of her loving husband. I contemplated putting the magazine in my handbag but, again, I chickened out.

The years rolled by and, sometime in my fifties, I accepted it was never going to happen so there was really no point in fantasising about it any longer. You can imagine my shock when, one morning after some MFL, Harry told me the Fifty Shades of Grey hoo-ha had made him think that spanking might not be such a terrible thing after all and he was willing to try it. If you've ever wondered what caused the Earth to tilt on its axis one Sunday in January 2013, now you know that Harry caused it! I was sixty-one at that point and wasn't sure I wanted to go there after so long. I took some time to think about it so it was another four days until Harry steeled himself to spank me for the very first time.

Sometime back in January was the fifth anniversary of that first, tentative, spanking.
You would think that the date of such a monumental event would be forever etched in my memory. I remember the date when Harry first kissed me and the date he first told me he loved me. I'll never forget the day when we told the world we were an item (it was complicated!) or the first time we lay together. I also remember not only the date of our wedding but also the date we got engaged, 49 years ago.

But I don't remember the date that changed my life. I know it was a Thursday but which particular one in that month eludes me. We've come such a long way since then, I'd really love to celebrate the anniversary of the day when the last piece of the puzzle fell into place and Harry finally had the whole of me. Maybe next year we'll celebrate on each Thursday in January, one of them will be the right one!


Rosie

27 comments:

  1. Hi Rosie,

    I enjoyed reading how you and Harry started your ttwd journey. I guess maybe we do have something to thank EL James for. I love your idea of celebrating every Thursday in January :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Roz, I also have Sheldon to thank for spanking Amy! If you're not familiar with that, it's a very popular American sitcom called 'The Big Bang Theory.' The huge smile on Amy's face said it all!
      Rosie xx

      Delete
  2. Oh..I was going to suggest what I read in your last paragraph..go for it! I was 50 before I got my first spanking also...thanks for sharing your story.
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we'll go for it, though I doubt it happened on the first or second Thursday that month. We've a few to catch up on though!
      In hindsight, I'm glad Harry held off all those years. I'd never have discovered Blogland, though I think we'd still have had a version of ttwd.
      Rosie xx

      Delete
  3. Enjoyed reading - EL James has become a force of nature, hasn't she? I know she certainly helped many of us here to explore and reveal our true wants to our partners and changed their minds. Thank you EL James.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, indeed, thank you EL James! Not only because she changed Harry's mind but also because that ultimately led me here to this great group of like-minded people, several of whom I am privileged to know in person.
      Rosie xx

      Delete
  4. Rosie,

    I love your post. You are truthful about the resistance often experienced. I remember Jack listening to my "presentation" silently processing my words of who I really was and what I really needed. He said yes and here we are.

    Once these guys see the results of a spanking when attitude changes and peace is restored, our fate is sealed. LOL!

    I loved hearing Harry's progression and your consistent hoping. Plus is is good to read a post of yours after a long time.

    Again, great post well written for a good story!
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right there Meredith. It was only a short time before "This will only ever be for fun," morphed into "Upstairs, Rosie."
      Sorry not to post more frequently, I don't know where the days go!
      Rosie xx

      Delete
  5. Hi Rosie, These men, it always takes a long while for them to do anything. lol. Glad it finally all came together for you.
    love Jan, xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jan,
      It was forty-three years in Harry's case but well worth waiting for!
      Rosie xx

      Delete
  6. This is a great post, Rosie. I love it because it is a wonderful love story but it also is proof that time changes, people change, life changes. Never give up on what you really want in life.
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did give up, Amy, but fortunately fate - or EL James - stepped in. Life has changed so much for the better in the last five years.
      I hope your knee is healing well, hang in there!
      Rosie xx

      Delete
  7. Hi Rosie, :) Love that you shared your beginnings here. So fun to read! I agree with Amy, it is a super love story!!!

    Bless that EL James! So glad that Harry felt like he could move forward from there! That first real spanking was the hardest thing for Rob to do. I sure do understand that.

    Love how those Thursdays in January are worthy of much celebration for you both! Pop that cork! You may have some friends in America doing that across the pond, in your honour, next year. Love and many hugs,

    <3 Katie xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katie, I'd love to have some American friends celebrating with us! Next January follows the same pattern as in 2013, so the dates will match the Thursdays and there will be five of them! We'll have to stock up on the champagne!
      Rosie xx

      Delete
  8. I love this. I understand you so well. I never even got up the nerve to ask for the first time until I was 49. But you know I too, made up stories in my head - with ten Cassie book you know I spent lots of time doing this. I like your idea for celebrating every Thursday in January next year. Meanwhile, begin writing down those old stories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll celebrate next January, PK, but those old stories are long forgotten. I can only recall two 'episodes' out of the many. I had no idea then that there were such things as spanking paddles, though one heroine was strapped for denting her husband's car, that she had been forbidden to drive. Haha, that was a short walk down memory lane!
      Rosie xx

      Delete
  9. Rosie what a beautiful story of your progress with TTWD. I agree celebrate every Thursday in January with a nice bottle of champagne and Harry matching the colour.
    Hugs Lindy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There will be champagne for sure Lindy, but colour matching? Whose side are you on? Just kidding, colour matching is usually fun and pink champagne is a pretty shade.
      Sorry you're in the wars at the moment, hope all will be well soon.
      Rosie xx

      Delete
  10. Rosie, this is such a wonderful post. I laughed out loud and then got tears in my eyes. We are quickly headed for our 5th anniversary, too. I know it was a Sunday in August, and I think it was the 11th. Love the idea of celebrating every Sunday in the month. But then we usually celebrate every Sunday anyway! I am not a churchgoer, but I treasure the Sunday go-to-meetin' spankings.

    Hugs Across the Pond,
    Ella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked the post, Ella, but sorry it made you teary. Harry and I used to have a regular date on Sundays for some MFL and often spanking too but it seems to have dropped off the calendar of late. Must bring it back!
      Rosie xx

      Delete
  11. What a great post, Rosie ... so happy for you that Harry came around in the end. I'll bet on occasion he wishes he'd listened to you earlier. :>))
    FSoG had a hand in my story as well although it's influence was much more indirect. I may share that story one day.
    You've made me realize must go back in my Jan/Feb diary and figure out our ttwd significant dates before they get lost in memory fog ;>)) .... hugs .. nj

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello NoraJean, it’s good to see you here.
      Right after the first ‘real’ spanking Harry said I’d always been a handful and he wished he’d known the answer was right there in his hands all along! In truth, I don’t think ttwd would have worked when we were younger, so all worked out for the best in the end - especially my end!
      Rosie xx

      Delete
  12. Well if you remember the YEAR then you could look back (online calendars and what not) to figure out the dates of all the thursdays in the January of that year, and celebrate on ALL those dates EVERY january. (instead of every thursday in jan cos the dates would be different every year... right?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Fondles
      I did that very thing the day after my post, when I realised the fatal flaw in my plan! As it happens, next year will be the sixth anniversary, so the dates will fall on Thursdays - and there will be five of them!
      I hope you’re getting over your cough, it’s miserable not to be able to sleep properly.
      Rosie xx

      Delete
  13. This is a great post Rosie. Our Anniversary is also January but I couldn’t tell you the exact date either! I’m just forever grateful it happened and continues to today. Life changing in a truly amazing way is exactly what it is. Thank goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderful story! I am so happy your lifelong fantasy became a reality for you and has brought the two of you so much happiness. Like you, I created stories in my head about spanking...still do sometimes. :-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  15. "If you've ever wondered what caused the Earth to tilt on its axis one Sunday in January 2013".... I thought I felt the earth shake a little!!! ;) I'm so glad Harry helped you find that last piece of the puzzle that made you whole. So sweet!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete