Sunday 3 September 2017

An Unwanted Spanking

A few nights ago Harry came to bed a while after I had turned out the lights.  No sooner had he got into bed than he was out again, rummaging about on the floor before getting back in. I turned around to find him sitting against the headboard with the fat bolster and a pillow on top of his legs. Having got my attention, he patted the pillow to indicate that I should go over his lap. There'd been no sass, no line had been crossed, so it could only be that Harry wanted to spank just to remind me that he can. Usually that makes me happy and keeps me on an even keel but I didn't want to be reminded right then, I'd been in bed over half an hour and I was sleepy! 

So I said "No!"

I couldn't see his face properly in the dark but I heard the tone as he said, "Rosie, get over here."

I was warm and cosy and snuggled further under the duvet saying, "No, I don't want to!"

Pulling the cover off me he said, sternly, "Rosamund, get your bottom over here NOW!"

Yikes! I can't remember the last time he called me by my proper name, so I scrambled over his lap and he began to spank. I really wasn't in the mood so I lay still, almost disconnected, until the spanks became harder and I began to wriggle and squawk. At that point Harry said he wished he'd picked up a paddle, not so that he could spank harder but to give his stinging palms a rest! He made his point perfectly well without the use of an implement and I was quite subdued by the time he let me up.



I snuggled up beside him ready for sleep but had barely closed my eyes before he said, softly, "Did you forget to say thank you?" He had never made that a requirement; it dates back to the beginning, when we spanked purely for fun. He had to go against his nature to smack my bottom, so I thanked him for spanking me each time and still do. I wasn't so thankful for the spanking I'd just received but kissed him and voiced the forgotten thanks because he does it to fulfil a need I was wired with from birth. He held out his arms and I cuddled into him, falling asleep on his shoulder, my favourite pillow.

When a spanking is over, there is usually no further discussion but the next morning he said, "You said no."

"I did, but what makes you raise it now?"

"I've been thinking about it."

"And what do you think?"

"If you say no, that raises a spanking to discipline level."

*Smiling* "I noticed that last night!"   

With a kiss and a swat he went off to do his chores, satisfied we were on the same page.

Sometimes, a spanking I don't want is one I really need.



Rosie

Drawing extracted from an original artwork by Minelle Labraun that I am thrilled to say now hangs in my home.


29 comments:

  1. Hi Rosie, We do get to that complacent and comfortable place at times; like you curled up and ready for sleep. For me, being pulled from that location "against my will" so to speak, makes for some of the most meaningful interactions. Good for both of you. It's nice being on the same page, isn't it?
    Amy
    PS- LOVE the drawing. ML is so talented.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amy, I said 'No' once before, about four years ago - the outcome was the same, I still got spanked. Perversely, I'd probably have been disappointed if Harry had given way. We're usually on the same page which, as you say, is nice.
      Thanks for stopping by.
      Rosie xx

      Delete
  2. Rosie,
    I love when Harry called you Rosamund! Stern, but endearing! Yes, an unwanted spanking does happen for all of us. Welcome to that ttwd wife club. Now what I really want to know is where in your home are you putting Minelle's gorgeous drawing?
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I took some liberties with Minelle's drawing, Meredith. The original is of a woman standing, looking over her shoulder in a pose that suggests she is looking in a mirror to see what her bottom looks like post spanking. I extracted just her bottom and turned it sideways to get the result I wanted.
      She is in my bedroom at the moment but will be moved to the dining room, where she will be in good company with prints of bare-bottomed ladies by Ingres, Degas, Renoir and Klimt. She will be the only one with a red bottom though!
      Rosie xx

      Delete
    2. Rosie,
      I love this approach to a beautiful piece of art. Good for you!
      Meredith

      Delete
  3. Hi Rosie, that is what mine says too!
    love Jan, xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely drawing by Minelle, Rosie. You're so lucky to have that in your home. The unwanted spanking and being called by your full name sure draw your attention. Sounds just what you needed.
    Hugs Lindy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so generous of Minelle to make a gift of that drawing, she is so talented. My mum is usually the only person who calls me by my full name nowadays and, as Harry was the one who shortened it in the first place, if I hear it from him I know I'm in trouble!
      Rosie xx

      Delete
  5. So true, often the ones we least want are the ones we really need....hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, but how do they know that?
      I hope you are feeling more like yourself now, Abby, it's miserable being in a funk.
      Rosie xx

      Delete
  6. I would definitely have felt the same way if I were sleepy and warm. But all and all I'd say you had a good evening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It all ended well, PK, and I slept like a baby!
      Rosie xx

      Delete
  7. It's always nice when you're on the same page even though it happens unexpectedly.
    That's a beautiful drawing, but like Meredith, I'm very curious as to where that is hanging in your home. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laurel, please see my reply to Meredith to satisfy your curiosity about the location of Minelle's drawing. I don't think it will shock anyone who sees it, though I may remove it temporarily if a rather prudish friend comes to dinner!
      Rosie xx

      Delete
  8. Ooh Rosie...saying no is usually not a good idea...at least in my experience. LOL Happy you two are on the same page. I thought I recognized the style of that painting...Minelle is an awesome artist isn't she.

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cat, it's good to see you here again, I hope you are getting better.
      I knew it wasn't a good idea to put up resistance but it was worth a try!
      Minelle is so talented and I am delighted to have one of her drawings.
      Rosie xx

      Delete
  9. Hi Rosie, you are lucky to have one of Minelle's awesome pieces of art. She is so talented.

    Oh dear, saying "No" isn't usually a good option, though I would probably have done the same in your position. Hearing your full name isn't a good sign either lol.

    Yep, the spankings we don't want are often the ones we need. Love how this ended :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Roz,
      I knew I was in trouble the moment I heard my name! All worked out for the best though and it was good to know we felt the same way about the outcome.
      I'm really stoked to have one of Minelle's drawings!
      Rosie xx

      Delete
  10. Saying no like that is likely to have the same or similar result around here, Rosie. Love that things ended well. And how lovely that you have one of Minelle's drawings! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seemed a good idea at the time, Lilli, but I know better now! I am so happy to have one of Minelle's drawing, she is so talented.
      Rosie

      Delete
  11. I am quite tardy on my reading in blogland, Rosie. Glad I didn't miss this one completely. Love that you are including our Minelle's work with some masters. She is deserving of that honor.

    Hugs Across the Pond,
    Ella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very tardy catching up with replies, Ella! Glad you found time to pop in, I hope you are taking things easy and paying heed to your loving man.

      Gentle hugs for you,
      Rosie xx

      Delete
  12. Like Ella I too am quite tardy, don't know how I missed this post. Saw it on PK's roll and came over. Your Harry has certainly embraced the TTWD lifestyle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for coming over Leigh. I have missed several posts recently, not sure I will be able to catch up.
      You are right about Harry, he keeps me on my toes nowadays.
      Rosie xx

      Delete
  13. Hi Rosie,
    It seems that your Harry is in tune with your needs whether or not you realize it at the time...the end result is closeness. :-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Terps. I was late replying anyway but my initial response got lost in the ether somehow. Harry has learned only too well how to read me and often knows what I need before I do myself. I'm not always thankful for that but have to admit it works!
      Rosie xx

      Delete
  14. Hi Rosie!:) I'm tardy too... I apologize!

    Loved reading this! Also very much enjoyed Minelle's beautiful artwork!

    I think that I would have behaved in the very same manner, having to wake up and have a spanking! That didn't sound easy. Those kinds of spankings, the ones that we don't really want, but are happy to have had, are often some of the best. I agree!

    I love how you talk about thanking Harry, because he agreed to do something out of the ordinary to meet your needs, when you started up- even though it was not something that felt natural to him. He did it/does it for you. Rob tells me, "I do it for you." He does love spanking me now, but I need to remember that too, and say thank you more often. Your post is a great reminder to do that. Many hugs,

    <3 Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katie, no need to apologise, look how late I am getting back here! I'm glad you liked seeing Minelle's drawing, it's such a privilege to have it. I'm sure I'll have the opportunity to show the whole version another time.

      I wasn't happy with being spanked at the time but I got a good night's sleep! Harry is more than comfortable with spanking me nowadays but it seems he still appreciates the thanks and I am more than glad to give them - though maybe not so much when I'm really tired, it seems.

      Hugs to you too,
      Rosie xx

      Delete