Sunday 13 August 2017

Ella's Summertime Meme

Life is good in Harry and Rosie Land. Ttwd is alive and well, though there hasn't been much spanking of late, as our younger daughter has been with us on her annual visit. She's such fun; there's never a dull moment when she's around. There was one dicey point when she asked me how I came to travel to America by myself and how did I know the women I went out to meet? She seemed satisfied with the half-truths I told her but that didn't stop her grilling Harry as well! In case inquiring minds want to know, Harry's itchy palm was relieved the moment he came back from dropping our daughter off at the airport for her flight back.

If you've read Ronnie's and Jan's recent posts you'll know that, along with Ami, we got together recently to meet our lovely friend Minelle, who was in London for a few days. We met for lunch, which carried on all afternoon. We talked non-stop and time just flew by. It looks likely that we shall make it a yearly event but a year is really too long to wait!

There's nothing more of note to tell you so, without further ado, here's my take on Ella's meme:

1. Name a tender song that can almost make you cry.
Forever Autumn by Justin Hayward. Gets me every time.

2. What is your favourite shade of lipstick? What about nail polish?
I wear a light berry shade of lipstick. Still searching for a replacement for my favourite 'Rouge Bordeaux' discontinued by Bourjois years ago. My favourite nail polish is Chanel's 'Rouge Noir'. Harry loves to see me wearing that one.




3. Name a children's nursery rhyme or song that you loved and to which you remember all the words.
I remember several but never had a favourite.

4. What outfit would you put on in the morning if you wanted to feel happy and well dressed? Something in which you think you look pretty damn good!
A long-sleeved Breton tee, indigo jeans and a red or navy jacket. Add red leather ballet flats, a red tote or handbag, a red coral necklace - and I'm good to go.

5. If you had enough money to buy just one, would it be a cottage by the ocean or a cabin in the mountains?
Mountains conjure up a picture of snow-capped peaks so, as I hate the nasty white stuff, it would have to be the beach.

6. If you are old enough, which one of the Beatles did you have a "thing" for?
I liked the Beatles but wasn't a great fan. I am grateful to John Lennon for writing 'Jealous Guy' which Bryan Ferry later recorded and made his own (swoon!). The group that covered my bedroom walls in the 60s was the Small Faces.




7. Name a smell that you love.
Harry has worn Eau Sauvage for forty years or more. I love to bury my face in his neck and inhale!

8. How often do you defuzz your legs? Wax, razor or electric?
I have sparse hair on my legs so don't have a regular routine, just shave when necessary, using a razor.

9. How/why did you choose your blog name?
I never imagined I'd need a blog name! I had been lurking for many months before I summoned up the nerve even to make a comment. I didn't have a cover ID then, so used the 'Anon' feature and the name Rosie, a nickname from my dim and distant past. Eventually, I set up the Google ID for Rosie Jones and the play on 'Roses are red' just followed on from there.

10. What do you like to eat for breakfast? To drink? Coffee or tea?
Harry's alarm goes off at 5.45am, which is far too early for me to be alert. He brings me tea before he leaves, then I have fruit, yoghurt and coffee later. Lots of coffee. Much later.



11. How many siblings do you have? Are you the oldest, a middle or the youngest child?
I have a sister and two brothers. I am the eldest and, yes, I was the bossy one.

12. What is your favourite salad dressing?
Honey mustard.

13. If you could sit next to anyone (alive) on a long plane trip, who would you pick?
I asked my younger daughter for help with this one and she suggested David Starkey, the historian, which is a great choice. I bet you all thought I'd say Bryan Ferry!

14. Have you ever gone shopping just to cheer yourself up?
No, I don't much care for shopping. Except for shoes. And handbags.




15. If there is one thing that can make you lose your temper, what would it be?
I used to have a door slamming, foot stamping, temper but I have mellowed with age. I can't remember the last time I got into a real paddy. I can get a bit antsy when Harry is channel flicking, though. I'm tempted to wrench the remote out of his hand but, fortunately, I've resisted so far.

16. Tell us about the best photograph you have ever had taken.
I don't like having my photograph taken; I am not at all photogenic. Harry used to develop and print his own photos back in the seventies so there are a few good ones from then. It's not the best photo I've ever had taken but my favourite is one our elder daughter (also a keen photographer) took of Harry and me in our hallway about five years ago. I have my eyes half closed and my mouth wide open, laughing, as Harry pecks kisses on my cheek. I look crazy but I love it.

17. Have you ever gone skinny-dipping and where?
Harry and I once went skinny-dipping with friends on a moonlit beach in Devon. We were carefree twenty-somethings then.

18. What do you like on your pizza? What don't you like on your pizza?
I like Hawaiian pizza or a plain margharita. I don't eat pizza often.



Thank you Ella for the great meme.

Rosie




23 comments:

  1. These are all great answers Rosie, thanks for sharing these tidbits of you.
    Those half truths or little white lies do require a little thought before hand and consistency is the key with those as well! Nice that you were able to meet another blogger this summer, it sounds like it was a fun time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was ready with the answers to my daughter's questions, having previously tried them out on my mother, sister and elder daughter! I've had a lot of fun meeting bloggers this summer, something I would never had dreamed of when I first discovered Blogland!

      Delete
  2. Hi Rosie, and I do have to say you look very nice in your favourite outfit ;)
    love Jan, xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jan! You looked very fetching in your pretty dress! I hope you enjoyed your outing the next day.
      Rosie xx

      Delete
  3. I so envy all of you getting together....loved reading your answers...we have a quite a few in common. This is on my publish list while I am away wearing my grandma hat next week.
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look forward to reading your answers and comparing notes. Have a great time with the grands, ice cream for breakfast and all!
      Rosie xx

      Delete
  4. Rosie,
    I know exactly the photo you are referring to and I agree that is a keeper. Loved all your answers. WE have missed you here posting.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that crazy photo! Glad you liked the answers, Meredith, Ella's memes are fun to do.
      Rosie xx

      Delete
  5. Hi Rosie!
    I'm new to your blog and thoroughly enjoyed getting to know you, your family, your friends, etc. through Ella's meme. Good stuff!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Amy,
      I think we met on Lilli's blog, thanks for visiting here! Memes are a great way to get to know our Blogland friends.
      Rosie

      Delete
  6. Rosie, Small Faces, brings back memories. Loved reading your answers. Must do this one.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Small Faces and Amen Corner... those were the days! Glad you like my answers, I look forward to reading yours!
      Rosie xx

      Delete
  7. Hi Rosie, glad things are going well and that you ladies had a wonderful time. I would love to meet blog friends in person.

    Loved your answers to this, especially No.16 :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roz, we had a great time. If only the world were smaller!
      My daughter didn't think I'd like the photo; she told Harry not to show it to me but he loves it too.
      Hugs to you and Rick,
      Rosie xx

      Delete
  8. So glad that you did my meme, Rosie girl! I love writing them, and I love reading them, too.

    The Breton tee and the red ballet flats have Rosie written all over them. I loved your confession about Harry and the remote! How funny.

    Hugs Across the Pond,
    Ella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ella, your memes are great way for us to know our friends a bit better, do keep writing them! Harry drives me mad with his channel flicking and it's only going to get worse now our daughter activated the WiFi feature when she was home. I'll just have to sit on my hands!
      Rosie xx

      Delete
  9. Loved reading all your answers Rosie. Its a good way to learn more about our blog friends. Love your red ballet flats.
    Hugs Lindy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked my answers, Lindy. I hope you've recovered from your mud slide; that was a close call. I bought the red shoes on holiday last year and liked them so much I bought two pairs.
      Rosie xx

      Delete
  10. I wish i could meet some blog friends in real life too! loved reading the answers. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Fondles,
      I never dreamed I would meet other bloggers, I have been very lucky.
      Glad things are getting back to normal for you now that your parents have moved out!
      Rosie xx

      Delete
  11. Loved reading all of your answers, Rosie!:) What a fun summer you have had!

    You red shoes look comfy and are so pretty! I'm with you- if the shoe fits, buy two! Or one of every colour...? LOL! You look lovely in your fav, comfy outfit!

    Forever Autumn- I can surely see how it can bring one to tears. I couldn't put my finger on what song that was, so looked it up, and I know it. I then went on to do some reading about it. Did you know that the tune originally started out as a jingle for a lego commercial? Talk about an about face! Anyway, beautiful! I can see how it can bring one to tears, for sure! Enjoyed reading your answers, Rosie. I have to do this! Many hugs,

    <3 Katie xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katie, I've had a great summer!

      I did try to buy more of the ballet flats in different colours but there were none left in my size!

      I am fascinated to know the origin of Forever Autumn. I knew it was on the soundtrack of the film War of the Worlds but had no idea the words were added to a melody from a Lego commercial or that Justin Hayward was selected to sing it because of his "Nights in White Satin" voice! I've always thought it was his own song. Thank you for that information!

      Do have a go at the meme, it's fun!
      Rosie xx

      Delete
  12. Rosie, I loved reading your answers :-) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete