Friday 19 October 2018

Just a Quickie

No, not that kind of quickie! I'm popping in to let you know that, although I haven't been seen around Blogland for a week or so, I have been reading blogs daily. Blogger is being a right royal pain and will not allow me to post comments, either in my name or as anonymous.  It may be a coincidence but the problem started when I updated my operating system. It's possible that I've upset something in the settings but I don't have time to plough through all that right now. My best laid plans have gone awry and work, family and life in general have conspired against me.

To make things worse, I managed to put my back out whilst washing my hair over the bathtub on Monday morning. I can't wash it in the shower; the water running over my head and face makes me feel like I'm drowning. I leant over a little bit too far when rinsing off the conditioner and wham! The pain shot across my back, taking my breath away. That happens every so often, a legacy from a slipped disc years ago, so I know the drill. Harry has been on my case very helpful, reminding me to take analgesics regularly and get the right balance between rest and exercise. Monday evening I got up to walk about a bit and went into the dining room, which doubles as our office, where Harry was working on his computer. I stood beside him, with my hands resting on top of a high-backed chair. Whatever he was doing wasn't working out and he was getting impatient. I made a sassy comment and, placing a hand on my bottom, Harry asked whether that had been a wise move on my part, given my situation. I couldn't help laughing and my bottom received several sharp smacks. I didn't stop laughing, even when he got up to get a better aim. I was alarmed when he opened the drawer of my desk and pulled out my old-fashioned, heavy, ruler. He'd never used that as an implement before and it stung! It was all in fun though; I'd been well supported by the chair and it was good for keeping up my spirits.

The pain has subsided and I just have a bit of back ache now. Harry has taken a couple of days off and we are having a long weekend at home, pottering about. Back to normal on Monday, I hope.

Have a good weekend.

Rosie

22 comments:

  1. Hi, Rosie! I am sorry you threw out your back. Love that you're still sassy though and Harry is right on top of that for sure! HA!

    Storm and I fixed Meredith's computer when she was having the exact same problem as you are. We did all kinds of testing and trial and error and a ton of reading on technical support for blogger. What it came down to was just a couple of easy things. I wonder if you can even respond to this comment here on your own blog.... ok, I'll email...... LOL...... Glad you posted and let us know how you're doing. I have missed seeing you in blog land. Hugs! Windy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Windy. I can't thank you enough for resolving the comments problem. It took me a few days to find the time to get to grips with it but now it's all sorted, hooray!
      Rosie xx

      Delete
  2. I’m sorry to read that you’re nursing a sore back. I hope it improves, and quickly. In the meantime, enjoy your long weekend with Harry. Raise the drawbridge and let him take care of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was well enough to go to the gym on a modified programme on Saturday but, apart from that outing, the drawbridge remained firmly up. Harry took good care of me and spanking was still on the agenda, he just found a different position!
      Rosie xx

      Delete
  3. Rosie,
    I have missed hearing from you as well. Storm and Windy fixed the problem for me. The Apple people would not touch it because it was a thrid party problem. How about that! Emailing Windy sounds like a good way to solve this. In the meantime, let's just email again.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Windy has fixed the problem for me too, Meredith. Our emailing shows we are both in the same boat in several ways!
      Rosie xx

      Delete
  4. So sorry you're dealing with back and computer problems, Rosie! ... Harry has the spanky end of the cure for your stress. Windy & Storm will have the cure for your Mac. See you again once you're back in business!
    Hugs ... nj

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Back and computer problems all resolved now. I hope to have time to put up a post in the next few days.
      Rosie xx

      Delete
  5. So glad Harry has you well in hand. I'm muddling through back pain right now too so I can sympathize.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My back is better now; I hope yours is too.
      Rosie xx

      Delete
  6. Rosie,
    I hate when a long ago incident comes back to haunt you with pain. Had it happen in London myself and went to a private doctor, not NHS this time. Great doctor. At least you know what to do to take care of it, my friend.

    And Harry knows how to take care of you! Whoever knew that a little spanking was such a special way to say "I love you." And remember that laughter is the best medicine.

    Gentle Hugs From Ella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's been a lot of laughter around here, Ella, and a fair bit of the special way to say "I love you," too.
      Rosie xx

      Delete
  7. Learned the hard way that those rulers can be pretty stingy, can't they? Bet you'll never look at it the same way again. :) Sounds like you guys are having some cute fun. Sorry about the bad back though. :( Put mine out for only a day this week, and that wasn't fun. Glad Harry is taking care of you. :)
    EsMay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello EsMay, I don't think you've been here before. I've lurked a bit on your blog - you make your own implements???
      Thanks for dropping by.
      Rosie xx

      Delete
  8. Hi Rosie,

    Wonderful to hear from you:) I'm sorry you are battling back and computer problems and hope both are resolved quickly.

    Glad Harry is taking care of you and that you two are still having some fun. Enjoy your long weekend together:)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All resolved now, thank goodness. We had a lovely quiet time on our long weekend. It flew by all too quickly though.
      Rosie xx

      Delete
  9. Rosie,

    Behind with my reading. Hope your back is fully recovered. Those rulers sure do sting.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ronnie, I'm up to date with my reading but I don't think I'll have time to catch up on making comments. Congrats on becoming a grandmother!
      Rosie xx

      Delete
  10. Yeap. Rulers.

    glad you're feeling better. and hurray! I got your comment on my blog so it looks like the tech issue is sorted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, back in business thanks to Windy's instructions on how to resolve the techy thing. Now all I need is a few more hours in the day!
      Thanks for dropping by.
      Rosie xx

      Delete
  11. Hi Rosie!:) So sorry to hear that you had troubles with your Mac and your back too. I am glad to read that you are much better in both cases. Back issues can be rough.

    Happy to read that spanky business was able to carry on, in spite of it all! Sounds like Harry measured up the situation well, and knew just how to make you feel better too. Feel good! Many hugs,

    ❤️Katie xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katie, I was happy that spanky business continued; Harry has become pretty inventive over the years! Thanks for the hugs.
      Rosie xx

      Delete