Thursday 5 July 2018

TBT - You can put that in your blog!

Originally posted 2nd June 2016

Harry is not very happy with me. Monday was a Bank Holiday and we were looking forward to the extra day off. It started well, a bit of a lie-in followed by a leisurely breakfast, then pottering about until lunch time. After lunch, we planned to do some work in the garden before going on to our favourite afternoon activity...

I've neglected the garden this year but it seems to have got along nicely without me. Most of my plants are in containers and just needed watering and weeding. I had nearly finished a small patio area, when I spotted a weed growing up between the slats of the wooden bench from the border behind. Several feet of it came snaking up through the seat as I pulled on it, though it still remained firmly in the ground. Foolishly, I gave it a good tug and an excruciating pain shot up my back. 



I couldn't move and Harry was nowhere to be seen. He came running when he heard me hollering and, half carrying me, managed to get me into the house and flat on the floor before I passed out. Harry knows the drill, we've been there before, though not for a while. I have a long-standing disc problem that gives me little trouble as long as I take care. Even before we started ttwd, I had a list of rules designed to keep my back pain-free. Not weeding in the borders is one of them.

Once I was settled, Harry went to clear up outside, returning with a face like thunder. He reminded me that, firstly, weeding the borders is his job, not mine. Secondly, what I had been tugging on was a sucker from a tree, not a weed. He said he'd like to spank me there and then but, obviously, I'd have to wait for my punishment. I must have looked shocked because he said, "Yes, I did say punishment, you can put that in your blog."

I'm still waiting but not for much longer. I've been diligent with my remedial exercises and should be fit again in a couple of days. Maybe Harry will remember that punishment doesn't figure in our version of ttwd. Wish me luck.


Follow up 6th June 2016

The 'P' Word

Thanks to all of you who commented on my previous post. I hope you will forgive me for not responding to each of you individually. 


I have had the disc problem for about twenty years and generally manage it very well. I really don't know what came over me when I wrestled with the offending plant; I can only plead temporary insanity. The pain was terrible for a while but a combination of pain killers and gentle exercise took the raw edges off within a few hours. A week later, I still have some residual discomfort but am slowly getting back to normal. Many thanks for your good wishes.

Harry's decision to punish was borne out of concern for my wellbeing, as he waited for me to regain consciousness following my faint - the cause of which was entirely due to my own carelessness. Had he been able to spank me within a day or two, I have no doubt that it would have been a barn-burner. After nearly a week, however, he felt that too much time had gone by for a punishment spanking to be meaningful. Instead, I had a well-reddened bottom from a reset on Sunday morning.

That doesn't mean the predictions of a shift in our dynamic were wrong. The p-word has entered the Joneses' ttwd lexicon and it can only be a matter of time before Rosie's are very red indeed.


So far, I've avoided a barn-burner and aim to keep it that way!

Rosie



18 comments:

  1. Hi, Rosie! I love this story! Well, not that you hurt your back though, that is terrible and scary that you almost passed out. But, I do like getting a glimpse into how you and your Harry operate within a ttwd marriage. So you have managed to not have a barn burner in 2 years? Wow, that is impressive! Do you think you've been able to avoid it because of regular spankings and Harry taking care of business? I am really glad to see/read about a working/healthy ttwd marriage..... thanks for reposting this for us new gals! Windy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Windy,
      I do think there's something in what you say about regular spankings but, also, I'm old enough and wise enough to keep out of any real trouble nowadays. That's not to say there's no actual discipline. Things like leaving my phone at home or standing on a chair to reach a high shelf will earn me an appointment over the fat bolster. Our guys are hot on safety issues and Harry is no exception.
      Rosie xx

      Delete
  2. I think I really like this and how it turned out. The serious threat of punishment would have pushed my buttons nicely and avoiding the actual think would have been okay too. I'm enjoying TBT's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I'd had my chips that time, PK. I'm not sure that Harry would take the lesser option nowadays but I'm in no hurry to check that out!
      I'm enjoying the TBTs too; thanks for kicking it off.
      Rosie xx

      Delete
  3. Yikes, Rosie! ... Frank knows all about 'twingey backs' ... I'm constantly reminding him to be careful. Too bad I don't have the threat of what Harry has in his back pocket. Good on ya girl, for staying safe and avoiding the barn burner! ... nj ... xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't threaten Harry when he's careless with his dodgy knee either; most unfair! I don't think we'd really want to spank our husbands anyway, that would upset the order of things. Funny thought, though.
      Rosie xx

      Delete
  4. Rosie,
    I do remember this post and thought how similar our ttwd is. Punishment is not a word we use at all. Over the years, Jack has come very close to using that word too.
    Great post, Rosie
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we have many similarities, Meredith. Fortunately, we've both dodged that bullet. Let's keep it that way!
      Rosie xx

      Delete
  5. Hi Rosie, I remember this. Bless him, he has toughened up now I reckon
    love Jan, xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jan, Harry's certainly more assertive than he was then. If it happened now, I think I'd be over the table with the horrid French jam spoon beating a tattoo on my bottom, once I'd recovered from the injury.
      Hope you're feeling better.
      Rosie xx

      Delete
  6. Rosie, I remember this post, too. Since I read yours, we have had something similar happen when I moved furniture knowing full well that I am not supposed to do that. Sam didn't waste any time reminding me of that rule.

    Hugs Across the Pond,
    Ella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not allowed to move furniture either, Ella. Sometimes, though, we just want it done there and then don't we? Then we have to face the consequences.
      Rosie xx

      Delete
  7. Hi Rosie,

    I enjoyed this re-read, sounds like this was an important moment for you and Harry. It's funny how health matters seem to tweak our guys into action.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was certainly a turning point, Roz; a huge jump from former spank-no to tough husband warning of punishment. Health and safety does push our guys' buttons, for which I guess we should be thankful, though maybe not in the moment!
      Rosie xx

      Delete
  8. Ahh, I remember this post since I also have disc issues. Boy I like his way of keeping you BACK pain free;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought of it that way, Minelle, keeping my back pain free by making my bottom sting. Great observation!
      Rosie xx

      Delete
  9. This is a great TBT, and one I also recall. It’s good that you have a handle on your back issues, and it’s pretty obvious that Harry has a handle on you! It’s clear that it’s all for the right reasons too. Thanks for reposting this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, Laurel, Harry has a handle on me! I don't often get into trouble but you can bet that if I do something dicey he will notice and swift action will ensue.
      Rosie xx

      Delete