Monday 2 October 2017

Crime on the Increase!

I've come back from holiday to find that Blogland is experiencing a crimewave. With so many partners in crime, I couldn't resist this act of felony!

BIO

Marriages - One.

Proposals - One - but not from Harry, he never actually asked me to marry him.

Divorces - None.

Surgeries - One.

Tattoos - None. 

Piercings - The usual one in each ear.


HAVE YOU EVER

Shot a gun - No, not my thing but Harry has six shotguns. He and our daughters all enjoy clay pigeon shooting.

Quit a job - Yes, I had to get out to save my sanity.

Been on TV - No.

Fallen in love - Twice. I was too young the first time but then Harry came along.

Driven across country - Hell no!

Hit a deer - I was in the passenger seat of my car, with Harry driving, when a muntjac careered into our path. No possibility of avoiding it so, sadly, it died.

Watched a birth - Do fur babies count? 

Ridden in an ambulance - No, thank goodness.

Sung karaoke - No, I couldn't inflict that on anyone.

Ice Skated - I've put on skates and slithered around for about 30 seconds but that probably doesn't count.

Been surfing - Harry has been a keen surfer since the late 60s, though he's had to slow down in the past few years; all that paddling out has put a strain on his shoulders. Back in the day, we had the requisite VW camper van and I was his surfer chick, hanging out with the girls whilst the men did their stuff. More women joined in over the years but I was not one of them!

Seen the ocean - many times.

Ridden a horse - When we were starry-eyed young lovers Harry had this romantic dream of us riding horses along the sea shore, so we both took lessons. He needed only two. I'd like to draw a veil over my experience; suffice to say the dream never became reality.

Almost died - No.

Been punched - No.

Punched back - See above.


ARE YOU

In love now - Madly!


Thanks to Amy for taking the rap for all this burglary, ten spanks for each felony when Eric gets home!

Rosie

24 comments:

  1. Rosie Jones! Glad that guilt didn't get the best of you. Good times! I loved your answers. Sorry to hear about the deer but otherwise, sounds like you've had it good. :) Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy, leader of the robbers! This was fun to do, glad you egged me on! Yes, I've led a pretty charmed life, mostly down to being with Harry all these years.
      Rosie xx

      Delete
  2. Rosie,
    Loved all your answers! I always love hearing your surfing stories.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Remind me to tell you the story of the 'handbag incident' when Harry and the girls were surfing in France...
      Rosie xx

      Delete
  3. Good gravy, Rosie...we do have a large contingent of criminals around blogland. LOL Loved your answers...sounds like the horse back riding lessons could be a post all by itself. ;)

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cat. I mentioned to Harry that some commenters had expressed interest in the riding saga and he had a good laugh. Talking about it reminded me that it really was as bad as I remembered! Our girls took to riding just as fast as their father had. One of them leases a horse and rides frequently. The other one lives for surfing!
      Rosie xx

      Delete
  4. Love your answers and you just reminded me - Nick never proposed either. So I've never been proposed to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The path to true love had been strewn with obstacles so I guess a proposal was superfluous. I did get an engagement ring though.
      Rosie xx

      Delete
  5. All so interesting. I love these quick little glimpses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love reading memes too, a little peep through the curtains!
      Rosie xx

      Delete
  6. Hi Rosie, glad you joined in the criminal revolution!
    love Jan, xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jan, I felt guilty about adding to Amy's spanks total but she told me to go for it!
      Rosie xx

      Delete
  7. Hi Rosie, tut tut, another thief lol. This is a great meme and I loved reading your answers, especially about surfing and horse riding. I agree with Cat, sounds like that could be a post on its own :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Roz, I enjoyed the surfing years, the summers seemed endless and full of sunshine. Except when we were in Wales, it always seemed to rain there. I'd rather forget the horse riding though!
      Rosie xx

      Delete
  8. Hi Rosie, glad you joined in. Loved reading your answers. I agree with the others, maybe a post about the horse riding.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked my answers, Ronnie. The riding saga might be good for a laugh - or not!
      Rosie xx

      Delete
  9. Of all the people who have stolen this meme, your answers made me laugh the most! The ones that show your lack of any talent in the sports arena were my favorites. Rosie, I love you just the way you are.

    Hugs Across the Pond,
    Ella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ella, it never occurred to me that I was showing my incompetence in all things sporty! It was always that way; I was never picked for the netball or hockey teams at school. In fact, hitting anything with a stick was a non-starter. I'm glad you love me as I am because I don't think I'll be changing any time soon!
      Love and hugs,
      Rosie xx

      Delete
  10. Rosie loved your answers to this stolen meme. Oh I'm jealous, always wanted a VW kombi van. That would have been so much fun being a surfy chick.
    Hugs Lindy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had such fun in that VeeDub, Lindy. We used to go away just about every weekend in summer and a few times in winter too. It was also useful for staying overnight after parties. When the girls were little we had a caravan but it wasn't the same.
      Rosie xx

      Delete
  11. Hi Rosie!:) Another thief enters the Meme Den! How fun for all of us, and for Amy too! I still think that she should stock up on bags of frozen peas... just in case.

    love, Love, LOVED reading your answers here. I too always enjoy your surfing tales. Sounds like there are tons more tales to tell, from these fun answers.

    I had to look up a muntjac. I learned something new! Do they really bark like a dog would?

    Your times as a surfer chick, with the VW camper sounds like such fun. I can just picture all of that. How fun for you, Harry and the girls. I bet that they have some fun memories from that time!

    Don't you worry about the sports. I can SO relate. I too love you just the way you are! Many hugs,

    <3 Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Katie, I agree with you, Amy should stock up with frozen peas!
      I can't answer your question about muntjacs barking. I see them often but have never heard them, I'm always in the car.

      I don't worry about not being sporty, the girls inherited Harry's sporting genes, I cheer on from the sidelines.

      I'm glad you love me the way I am too.

      Love across the Atlantic.

      Rosie xx

      Delete
  12. so fun to ready your answers. my husband never asked me to marry him either...I think it was just assumed :-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Terps, I think we also have tricky times with ice skating and horse riding in common too.

      This was a fun meme, glad you joined in the thievery.

      Rosie xx

      Delete