Thursday 23 February 2017

At Last!

I thought Harry and I were never going to be free of the dreaded lurgy but, fingers crossed, we have recovered at last.There has been a fair bit of spanky business going on as life returns to normal, most notably Saturday's reset and yesterday's 'just because'. I have to admit that the reset was overdue. It came to a head on Saturday morning. I was out of sorts  and was poking the bear. I know! That never ends well but I failed to notice the danger signs until the bear growled. We had to head out for our regular gym session but he told me I was going to get such a spanking when we got back. And I did.

The 'just because' was unexpected. Here's how it was announced:


That made me all melty and the anticipation put a smile on my face for the rest of the afternoon. Harry came home early but I still had to wait until the appointed time!

Life is uneventful at the moment and that's the way I like it. It means I've nothing to blog about though. Fortunately, there are a couple of memes circulating at the moment. Here's my take on Lilli's.

Who's older?
Harry, by 20 months.

Who was interested first?
We couldn't stand each other when we first met. I was shocked when I realised he was "The One". It took me ten months to reel him in with my feminine wiles. 

Same High School?
No, I was at an all girls' school.

More sensitive?
Me, I suppose.

Worst temper?
I'm told Harry has a temper but I've never seen it. I, on the other hand, have been known to smash crockery.

More social?
Neither of us is really social, but I'm the social organiser. We would never go out if it were left to him.

Most stubborn?
Harry, for sure. He's generally laid back but once he digs his heels in he's as immovable as a rock.

Wakes up first?
Harry. I am not a morning person.

Bigger family?
Mine. Both my parents came from big families.

Flowers?
I buy flowers every week for the house and Harry gives me lots of flowers throughout the year, not just special occasions. These were a birthday present from the daughter who lives a million miles away.




Who cooks the most?
I do, by a small margin.

Cries more?
Neither of us is much of a crier.

Said "I love you" first?
Harry did. I still remember the exact date.

Better singer?
Harry. I can't sing a note.

Better driver?
Harry, no doubt about it. I can drive but I'm inept at parking.


Hogs the remote?
Harry does. It's a man thing isn't it?

Better cook?
I'm more experienced but he's more inventive. I'd say we're even.

Clothes and shoes hoarder?
That would be me. Not just clothes and shoes but handbags too. Handbags are my weakness.


Thank you Lilli for passing on this meme.

Rosie 

20 comments:

  1. Hi, Rosie,
    Glad to hear you are all over your illness. It sure seems to be hitting very hard this year! Loved your answers to Lilli's meme.
    --Baker

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Baker,
      Glad you liked reading the answers, it was a fun one to do.
      Rosie xx

      Delete
  2. Glad things are getting back to routine and that you are feeling better. I see you and I have similar strategy with regards to parallel parking. :-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Terps,
      I don't know why I have so much trouble parking. Harry taught our daughters and they are experts. No, he couldn't teach me, that wouldn't work at all...
      Rosie xx

      Delete
  3. Glad the lurgies are gone. Here too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you're over it, Leigh, it is so debilitating.
      Rosie xx

      Delete
  4. Hello Rosie,

    It really is fun to read these memes. Always enjoy learning more about my friends. I'm not a morning person either.

    So happy you both are feeling better.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Ronnie,
      I like reading the memes too, little snapshots of our friends' lives.
      Rosie xx

      Delete
  5. Rosie,
    As we feel better, the juices start flowing and we become our frisky selves. Right on schedule! Harry sounds like he was waiting for it all to happen and pounce he did. My sweet house guest is home and my Jack was ready to pounce upon returning from the airport. These men know how to take care of business in a heartbeat. Harry sounds like one of those ttwd husbands who prefers his wife freshly spanked. Loved your post........... loved your answers!
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked the meme, Meredith, it was fun to do.
      I think our husbands are alike in many ways, especially in restoring the status quo!
      Rosie xx

      Delete
  6. So happy you are both feeling better and...frisky! I never even attempt to parralel park....I tell myself it is healthier if I have to walk further....
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, Abby, me too. If anyone wants to know which is my car, it will always be the furthest one away, in a space big enough for a bus!
      Rosie xx

      Delete
  7. Love this! So let me get this straight.... you realized he was the one--first..... but he said,
    I love you first? Cute!
    Glad you're both feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you got it straight, Minelle. Our romance was complicated!
      Rosie xx

      Delete
  8. Happy to hear you're both feeling better, Rosie. Thanks for sharing your answers...love learning more about everyone here in blogland. As the saying goes..."I could be a morning person...if morning started around noon." ;) I am definitely a shoes hoarder...over 100 pair and just bought another pair. ;)

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Noon sounds a great time to get up, Cat, if only we could! I don't know how many shoes I have but nowhere near your impressive hoard.
      Rosie xx

      Delete
  9. So good to hear you and Harry are over the lurgy BUT you didn't have to send it downunder. Now we are both suffering with it. Nice you are back in the swing of things with a bit of spanky business. Oh the 5 o'clock appointment is so sweet.
    Loved your answers to Lillis meme. We have a lot in common too with your answers.
    Have a good weekend.

    Hugs Lindy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry you got the lurgy too, Lindy; I hope you have recovered now. Lilli's meme was fun to do. Might try the other one as well, life is still uneventful here, hooray!
      Rosie xx

      Delete
  10. Yes, I agree. I simply loved the "5 o'clock" text! So enjoy that feeling of anticipation.

    My handbag/purse collection has grown too large for its shelf. Shoes, too. I also enjoy leather on my bottom, of course.

    Glad you are feeling frisky again!
    Hugs Across the Pond,
    Ella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember your post about shoes, Ella. I think Sam built you a unit specially for your collection, I was green with envy. I won't say I like leather on my bottom but it's a whole lot better than wood!
      His back to you,
      Rosie xx

      Delete