Harry and I haven't spent much time at home during the last couple of weeks. We've had a holiday in Spain and a visit with our elder daughter and her partner in the West Country. There's been enough spanking to keep me on my toes but nothing out of the ordinary.
So, what to blog about? Erica Scott has dusted down an old meme, which Ronnie and Eva have already borrowed, so I thought I'd have a go too. If I knew how to link to their blogs, I would but I'm still a newbie here and can barely find my way around my own site.
1. If you could meet anyone on this earth, who would it be?
2. Do you sleep with or without clothes on?
3. Ever had a poem or a song written about you?
No, but Harry has written some very poetic lines in celebration cards.
4. Do you have any strange phobias?
Snow, I can't bear it.
5. Ever stuck a foreign object up your nose?
6. What's your religion?
7. If you are outside, what are you most likely doing?
Pottering in the garden - but not weeding the borders!
8. When was the last time you played air guitar?
Never done it.
9. How do you vent your anger?
I control my temper now but a long time ago, when I was angry with Harry, I took a
box of china that was destined for the Scouts' jumble sale and smashed it against
the wall inside our garage, piece by piece. He was out at the time.
10. Do you prefer to be in front of the camera or behind it?
I'm totally un-photogenic, so definitely behind it, though I'm not much good at it.
11. Have you ever gone skinny dipping?
Once, in the sea at dusk.
12. What's your greatest weakness; your greatest strength?
13. Do you have a collection of anything?
Handbags. Not sure how many, around 40, I think.
|One of my favourites|
14. What is a sound you hate; sound you love?
I hate the sound of very loud music when I'm trying to sleep; the boom, boom, boom
of the bass drives me crazy. I love the sound of laughter.
15. Are you happy with the person you've become?
Pretty much. There's always room for improvement, though.
16. What's the worst place you've ever been to?
A remote part of Portugal way back in the 70s. I'm sure it's much better now.
17. Favourite band?
Roxy Music. Bryan Ferry is my all-time favourite rock star.
18. Do you drive? If so, have you ever crashed?
Yes. Crashed spectacularly two months after I got my first car. No one was injured.
19. What is the last book you read?
Rogue Lawyer by John Grisham.
20. What's the last movie you saw?
The Hateful Eight. It was hateful!
21. What's the worst injury you've ever had?
A slipped disc. Even childbirth without drugs wasn't as painful as that.
22. What's your sexual orientation?
23. Ever had a rumour spread about you?
Yes, at school.
24. Do you tend to hold grudges against people who have done you wrong?
I forgive but I don't forget.
25. Do you save money or spend it?
26. What was the last thing you purchased?
27. How many relationships have you had?
Anyone before Harry doesn't count.
28. Where were you yesterday?
Mostly at home.
29. Is there anything pink within 10 feet of you?
Yes, I like pink. Is that a problem?
30. What's your favourite animal?
I have a thing about elephants but, on the domestic front, I love tabby cats.
31. What were you doing last night at 12.00 am?
32. What do you think is Satan's last name.
33. What is the single best decision you've made in your life so far?
Getting together with Harry. We disliked each other when we first met.
34. What is a saying that you say a lot?
I can't think of anything I say a lot.
35. What is your current desktop picture?
|I didn't take the photo but I was at the concert.|
36. Favourite colour?
37. If you could press a button and make anyone in the world instantaneously explode,
who would it be?
Too many candidates for this one.
38. You can re-live any point of time in your life. The time-span can only be a half-hour,
though. What half-hour of your life would you like to experience again?
There have been more than a million half-hours in my life. I can't possibly choose
39. You can erase any horrible experience from your past. What will it be?
Sitting at Harry's bedside for a week, not knowing whether he would live or die.
40. You have the opportunity to sleep with the music celebrity of your choice. Who would
Bryan Ferry still does it for me. I met him at a reception a couple of years ago and
have had his arm around my shoulders. I think that's as far as I'd like to go, though.
41. Have you ever thrown up in a car?
Sadly, yes, many years ago.
42. In your opinion, what makes a great relationship?
Truth, trust and lots of laughter.
43. What's a song that always makes you happy when you hear it?
Young Girl, I'll always love it.
44. You are at the doctor's office and she has just informed you that you have
approximately one month to live. a) Do you tell anyone/everyone you are going
to die? b) What do you do with your remaining days? c) Would you be afraid?
a) I'd tell everyone who matters.
b) Spend as much time as possible with the people I love.
c) I don't know.
45. Do you prefer talking on the phone or video chatting online?
My two daughters live a long way from me, one of them on a different continent, so
I'm grateful for FaceTime.
46. What is the meaning of life?
42, according to The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
47. What would you want to be written on your tombstone?
I won't have one; I've left instructions that my body be cremated.
48. Do you have any nicknames?
49. Do you have any obsessions right now?
I don't think I've ever been obsessive about anything; passionate but not obsessive.
50. If the whole world were listening to you right now, what would you say?
That the world needs more tolerance; no race or creed is supreme. It's a well-worn
phrase but - give peace a chance.